Life of a Life Science Student...

Well it's not at all an exaggerated post, but is all true and is coming straight from my heart -- "A Life Science Student's"... 
When everyone else says you can't, determination says, "Yes You Can"... (S. Hawking). 
A lovely and an inspiring quote. Isn't it?
My story may not be so lovely or inspiring as the quote, but it is the way I live and so I love it (cause every choice and the decisions involved are made by me). Let me now start with

 My Story...

As a school going kid, I was fascinated with the contents of my biology textbook and the science of life embedded in it (on the other hand believed that maths books have millions of problems and so was never my cup of tea).
Even before giving my board exams, I was determined to take up science and find a career in the same. I was questioned by many over my decision but my family was with me.With all the interest and immense hope I took up the biology stream in my +2. I really did some bit of hard work with both heart and focused mind, but it didn't fetch me the best I was looking for.
So with crossed fingers, worried thoughts and a heavy heart, I decided to proceed for my graduation. Lists of options with diverse group combinations are provided to me, which offered a scope to shift. But some craving inch in me made me take up science again.


I got my admission with merit in Microbiology and Biotechnology with Chemistry as my main. (Combination of Life and Pure sciences).

Being a Life Science Student is Not Easy (Not difficult either):

My college was known to be one of the best ones in the city and without a second thought I could say that the place holds some mystic magic. It gave me some great friends for life and numerous memories to cherish, but most importantly, it paved a way to perfect my future.
It gave me some scope to clear the confusion in my head and explore through the scientific world. My outlook and my worried thoughts changed and gave me some new hope. I could enjoy culturing (growing living organisms artificially), viewing the movements unseen (microbes which are microscopic) and many more that really seem motivational. But all these came to an end with in three years and again a time to decide was in front of me. But now its with my postgraduation. The cloud of confusion, no longer existed and no wonder I took up science again.
Another two long years flew away quickly, but now came the real difficulty according to many (I won't say that). Life science students lack diverse future opportunities and will get some low pay scales, when compared to those in the software streams. Moreover, they in order to succeed should step into areas of research and it demands extremely long periods of study.
But the fact that remains constant is, it is a wonderful field (only if you have your heart at it) and could fetch you all success upon determination and hard work.
P.S: This post could be understood to all those already in it and I guess this can help the amateurs in the field to decide their next move.    
   

Comments

  1. Dear Sowmya,
    Earning silently follows learning. Earning with no name and fame is no earning at all. Software has the hardware on the reverse. But science is ever scintillating and sparkling. You have chosen such ever shining field. Good luck and God speed in your efforts to progress Sowmya.
    Eswar. +91 99 72 55 38 58. Bengaluru.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Extremely glad to hear from you. Hope that with all your wishes god smiles upon me soon...

      Delete
  2. Hi,
    Presenting yours thoughts and views was nice.......

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Significance of Bommala Koluvu

A (HOLY...) Day without ELECTRONIC GADGETS....?????

"Mother You are Fantabulous" --- Mothering in my Mother's View....