Bedtime fun with my Baby Doll - 1

             
  Bedtime can be considered as one important piece of time we tend to spend with our kids. A proper bedtime routine will not only help in maintaining our child’s health but can also help them to recharge and wake up well rested with a healthy brain. In order to attain such beauty sleep to your sweetheart, there are no specific hard and fast rules. However, one can build a wonderful bedtime routine by sharing some small bedtime stories, which can be fun and will turn the child's going to bed from a chore into an enjoyable event.
             Also, sharing some stories with your little one while going to bed will not only leave you with some sweet memories that can last forever and will help in improving the child's imagination. It can help the child improve on her vocabulary as well and will understand the moral buried deep within each short tidbits.

Our Bedtime Routine:

                     No matter how tired my little Samyu is at times, she will do anything to stay up, which finally leads to making her cranky and throw some tantrums. To overcome these grumpy situations, I tried making a bedtime routine for my little one, where she will learn and repeat a few poems and then is all set to share and enjoy a bedtime story. Luckily, this often works well. Here are some important things I do to make my child enjoy her bedtime story.

  • Reading a Story: Reading a story from diverse sources is one of our favorite things to do during our bedtime. This will not only help in improving my little one's vocabulary but will also have an impact on her listening skills.
  • Narrating a Story: This of all the three is most extensively done and loved by both of us. Narrating a story in my own words will help my daughter build on her imagination. As I speak, the characters of the story are painted live for her to think about and steer in her thoughts as well, right before she slips into her beauty sleep. 
  • Building a Story: Creating a story is often difficult but, is one of the most important means to build in some creative thinking among young minds. This is done rarely when compared to the other two but, believe me, it is the most exciting and enjoyable bedtime fun. 

5 Things I consider the most important:

                  Sharing a story is not just all about having some fun with the little one, but to help them build better on their emotional and psychological aspects of living. Therefore, I believe and consider these five things extremely important while sharing a story. 
  • I consider repeating each story more than once, (though not on an immediate day) so as to help my little one understand and memorize the story as well as the characters in it.
  • I make sure the moral in the story goes straight into the mind of my child so as to help her build in some values.
  • Kids do have some unimaginable and extraordinary imaginations. While narrating and sharing a story I willingly falter to help my child use her wildest imaginations and predict the next go.
  • I do try my best to paint pictures with my words so as to help my child imagine and build a picture of any character or a setting in her young mind.
  • Last but not the least, I will make sure that the stories I share with my daughter will hold her interest and keep her excitement alive until the end just to make sure my task ( putting my daughter to her beauty sleep) is accomplished.
After all, the most important part of these bedtime stories is to make sleep enjoyable and make some treasurable memories with your kids. 
So just stay prepared to share a laugh and embrace every mistake you do or every prediction your child makes as this is the time that remains forever in your fond memories!!!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Significance of Bommala Koluvu

A (HOLY...) Day without ELECTRONIC GADGETS....?????

"Mother You are Fantabulous" --- Mothering in my Mother's View....