My newborn baby- "The Mini Boss"

         My little baby doll, around whom I spun my sleeping baby tales is ninety days old now. Time just flies and when I sat right beside her today, I just recollected what all we went through the past three months. I suddenly realized several facts about how my dear one grew during these days. Then I decided to quickly sum up and put in my time and the milestones of my newborn baby - "the mini-boss" in my blog
        A newborn baby is definitely a tender bundle of joy, who will not only bring in millions of smiles, but also a zillion of responsibilities along with her. Meeting the brand new mini you for the very first time can be the most overwhelming moments in life, which every parent can recall. As time ticks away, one can also recollect the most marvelous fleeting time where these little loves snuggle with you when held comfortably in your arms. 
        But believe me, there is more to do with having a cute little newborn, so frail and fragile, who needs your attention and needs to be nurtured all the time. It definitely is not a cakewalk as you will be working for a miniature boss, who doesn't even reward you with the smiles or coos, until six weeks. And if you are a C-section mom like me, it definitely is not all sunshine and rainbows but is a mixture of lovely moments coupled with physical strain and emotional outburst. But, I could say that my experiences with my elder one helped me to relax, sit, kiss and enjoy the sweet smell of my second baby.
(I was specific about C-section mom here because we need to recover from the major surgery and at the same time support the needs of our little munchkins.)
Here is all we went through in our early ninety days...
  • The first month: The first four weeks are pretty crucial and can be definitely harsh on a new mother both in physical and emotional ways. But time just goes on and there will be a sunshine after a thunderstorm. My little love who slept most of the time even cried very softly during the initial days. Slowly she started gaining a minimum head control and swayed her hands and legs during the end of the month. She also managed a smile but most of the time was spent on sleeping and feeding (her feeding schedule was almost developed by the end of this period).

  • The Second Month: This month showcased some remarkable leap in my baby milestones. She managed to have a steadier head, along with her sweet coos, started little gurgles and grunts when called and sparkled her killer smile every now and then. She loved feeding but now it is a bit scheduled. I could slowly but steadily do my work during this period, which helped me improve on my physical as well as emotional health. But yes, getting enough sleep during these initial days is definitely a challenge, as the baby still didn't have a proper sleep schedule and slept in tiny naps throughout the day.
  • The Third month: This, I believe, is the period from which one can start enjoying their baby doll and the little things they do during the early ninety days. My mini-boss started responding and had an improved eye movement. She could even support her head better. Her coos and reflex smiles now turned into conscious and louder giggles. She started kicking hard to move ahead and is now trying to develop a better sleeping schedule. And the "mommy me" feels much better about myself but still not in a complete pre-pregnancy shape.

As told by my mom, I believe that all these initial efforts will not only help a new mom in fighting and living up with the emotional exhaustion and at the same time will help in developing a wonderful bond, an unseen and an unbreakable one with the little love in years coming by.
Will be ending our journey of nervous ninety here but will be writing more about my little love soon... Happy parenting!!! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Significance of Bommala Koluvu

A (HOLY...) Day without ELECTRONIC GADGETS....?????

"Mother You are Fantabulous" --- Mothering in my Mother's View....